Everleigh is 4 months old today! She's doing so great and growing like a weed! She brings so much joy to our lives every day. Here are some things Everleigh is doing at 4 months:
- she sleeps between 10.5-12 hours at night with 2-3 really great naps. The first 2 are around 2 -3 hours each and the last one is about 30-45 minutes. I think she's trying to drop the 3rd one soon.
- I'm back at work 2 days one week and 3 the next so she is staying with our friend Katie the days I'm working and doing great there. I think she really loves playing with Katie, Anagail and Brody and I'm so glad she gets to play with other kids.
- she's eating 5 times a day for me and about 6-7 ounces for Katie.
- Her reflux is getting a lot better, but I still can't drink milk. I tried last week again and she spit up ALL day for 2 days. Guess I'll try again in another month
- She had her 4 month check-up and weighed 13 lb 13 oz (57%) and was 24 in long (48%). Her head circumference was 64%.
- She is SO happy all the time!
- She loves her exersaucer, jump-up, swing, mobile, kicking piano, books, and those linked bright circles
- She's still not crazy about tummy time but it's better. At Katie's, Katie puts the girls facing each other and I think she's stays longer on her tummy there. At home, she'll stay for a minute, but rolls over pretty quickly to get on her back again.
- She LOVES her baths. She learned a few weeks ago that when she kicks in the tub she splashes the water out and this is all she does in the tub now. It's so cute! She also loves her bath toys. The walrus and the starfish get smiles every time!
- She does not like getting her Aquaphor on and being dressed after her bath. This is pretty much the only time of day we hear her fuss. We put Aquaphor on her in the morning and at night and she doesn't mind it in the morning, but at night she's not very happy about it. Cody and I will sing to her and dance around to get her to stop fussing. It's amazing how stupid you will make yourself look to make your baby happy!
- She wears 6 month clothes, is a size 2 diaper and a size 1 shoe.
- She loves standing up with help or sitting with help. She gets this look on her face when she's standing on your lap like she's so proud of herself. I love it!
- She doesn't get overstimulated any more, which is great. We can take her out all day long and she doesn't seem to mind.
- She's not sticking her tongue out as much as she used to.
- When I eat in front of her, she doesn't take her eyes off my mouth. I'm trying to wait a little longer before we do rice cereal, but I think she's getting ready.
- She takes her naps in her crib every day and she used to do fine sleeping when we took her out, but now she doesn't want to nap while we're out. She wants to see what we're doing. She doesn't really get fussy from not napping, but I know she needs it so I feel bad when we're out too long.
- She can grab things and hold on to them now. She's gotten so much better with her hands and being able to actually grab what she's going for.
- She loves looking at herself in the mirror.
- She is fascinated by other babies.
- She laughs randomly - usually at something I've never said or done before and then the same thing won't make her laugh later. We will do anything to hear that sound! I'm convinced it's the best sound in the world!
Sounds like she is doing great!
Post a Comment