This is the phone call I get from Katie, who is keeping Everleigh. My daughter swallowed a hair bow!
So - I have never been one for the huge hair bows, but I am now. I am if I want Everleigh to wear a bow at all! It all started when a few weeks ago, Everleigh had been running a fever for 4-5 days up to 102.5. I knew she had a ear infection and she was on antibiotics. Well, they obviously weren't cutting it, so I took her back in to see Dr. Tolar and her ears were getting worse, so we did Rocephin shots. Any of you whose kids have had to have these shots know that they are extremely painful. Much worse than routine vaccines and you are giving them to kids who already don't feel good, so you can imagine how upset Everleigh was. She cried/screamed for probably 15 minutes. Cody had come with me to the office since she was so sick, b/c I figured this was coming and I would need help. So, we get her calmed down and get her in the car to take her home. Everleigh falls asleep in her car seat. Pheww! Sigh of relief that she is finally getting some rest. We get almost back to the house and she starts choking in the back seat. Not just a little bit - I really didn't think she was breathing. Cody starts trying to pull over while I'm jumping in the back seat to get her out. By the time I get her out, she's fine. Color is back to normal and she seems ok. Well, as I already said, she had been sick for several days and was coughing like crazy for most of this, so I thought she was just choking on all the mucous in the back of her throat. We got her back home and as I was getting her out of the seat, I noticed that her hair bow was missing. I asked Cody and he didn't know. I assumed it fell out at work and I'd find it later. For the next 2 weeks, she had diarrhea. She had been on 4 different antibiotics (1 at the start of the ear infection, 1 shot when the first one didn't work, 1 after that that she was allergic to, so we switched her to a new one - 4), so I thought it was from all the antibiotics and didn't worry too much about it. Then, I got the phone call from Katie. Katie never calls me - an occasional text, but she doesn't call, so I was freaked out that she was even calling. "Everleigh is okay, but she pooped out a bow..." What in the world! It took a few hours for me to piece it all together. It was a small clip-type bow, but who would have ever thought she could swallow that. I naturally freaked out and called Dr. Tolar immediately, who said to me, "Lauren, you have a human vacuum cleaner on your hands. This will not be the last odd object she poops out. Don't worry. She's okay." Made me feel better.
Moral of this story: No more hair bows unless they are GIANT!
There will be no pictures with this story, b/c you don't want to see them.